Labels

Thursday, May 7, 2009
I wanted to share a quick tip on getting some free traffic to your
site (given to me by my friend, Dave Dutton). It is free and anyone can use this strategy.

Step 1: Go to http://www.google.com/alerts

Step 2: Type in a keyword or phrase that you are trying to rank for like
"porch swings" or "dog training". Whatever your niche is.

Step 3: Click "Comprehensive" for type so you can get ALL the news around that
keyword.

Step 4: Decide how often you want to receive it. I usually choose "once per day"
but sometimes "as it happens" so I can go involved right then.

Step 5: When you get an alert, click on the sites and if they are blogs, you can
comment on the blog. The key here is NOT to spam the blog. Write something
good.

If I were you, I would end with a question so you can start a dialogue with
the owner of that blog.You already know it is targeted to your niche due to
the alert.

The person that owns this blog surely has other people reading it as well so you
want to establish a relationship with them so can maybe write a guest post or even
advertise on the site.Who knows.

This technique does not cost ANY money and it actually works.I look at my traffic
stats and I am getting traffic from blogs I posted on months ago.

Thanks Dave - great advice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors